High School AU Crossover Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Unread postby serbii » September 3rd, 2010, 12:56 am

“The people in our class are friendly, so I’m sure it’ll be easy to adapt quickly, Kaspar-san.” The class president smiled sincerely as she let her native Japanese slip into the conversation. ‘What the hell does ‘san’ mean? Oh god, what if she knows about the pants? No, no I can’t think about the pants, or it’ll happen. Again. And I’ll be humiliated. Again.’ Kaspar Hauser sweated nervously as he followed the beautiful, if slightly intimidating, class president. Apparently they were going to figure out rooming assignments. And their class was full of rainbows and glitter and unicorns, if Class President Ryoko’s sparkling review was anything to go by.

When they entered a room full of bickering, slightly hostile looking teens, Kaspar was reassured. He couldn’t stand any more rainbows or sparkles, or unicorns, or anything remotely magical in his life. ’I. Will. Not. Walk. Through. My. Pants. Again.’ the new student promised himself silently as the class turned to stare. Some were genuinely interested, more glanced up lazily and resumed conversation. A couple made Awkward Eye Contact (tm). God, he hated Awkward Eye Contact. But he would not be scared out of his pants again. Literally. Again.

“Everyone! Remember that we have to finalize our boarding roster by the day after tomorrow. I present you the new contender for the best rooms and roommates, Kaspar Hauser. Please tell us a few words about yourself, Kaspar.” She gestured towards the rows of desks filled with students, all displaying varying degrees of boredom and horror. Except maybe two. One of which seemed to be eyeing him as if he was a candy bar to be eaten, and one who smiled sweetly.

“I. Uh. I’m Kaspar...” the transfer student started awkwardly. Oh no, they were staring at him. He felt his hands and knees start to shake dangerously out of phase. But no. The pants were staying on this time. He’d sworn to it. “My family just recently moved around here, so that’s why I’m here. It’s nice to meet you?” the boy tried to sidle towards a seat, but the class representative was having none of that.

“Would you care to tell us some of you hobbies and special skills?” There was the slightest hint of bitterness at the these two last words.

Kaspar stopped dead in his tracks, the blood draining out of his face as he turned to look at his torturer. Luckily the door banged open and a woman blustered in.

She was blue.

Okay. That was weird. Not like... Blue Man Group blue. But still blue around the hairline, and there was definitely an aqua tint going on on her arms and neck.

“I’m so sorry guys,” the woman apologized. She turned to Kapar, “I’m Blair Lynch, by the way. Ms. Lynch to you. During class, at least. I’ll be teaching PE and Art this year,” she said with a strange emphasis on ‘this year.’ She turned back to the class. “Find your roommates and fast, children! And if I notice that you’re ignoring Kaspar, I’ll arrange the rooming partners myself!” she declared as the class laughed awkwardly.

Kaspar was able to make a retreat into the small sea, or perhaps pond, of desks.

Pairs had already started to break off. Or, as was the case with one handsome male student whispering to the class president, failed with a resounding ‘No!’ A pleasant looking young man with light brown hair and a rather severe looking boy with black hair restrained in a long braid down his back sat next to each other in the back of the room, conversing with another dark haired boy who was leaning back dangerously in his chair.

“Garron Baum, Salem Marion, and Leto Skua,” Ms. Lynch said quietly over Kaspar’s shoulder, making him jump.

“Oh,” he replied dumbly.

“Our failed Romeo,” she indicated Ryoko’s unwanted admirer, “is Lionel Wortier. Those two,” she pointed to two very short girls, who seemed to be attempting to merge into one, “are Cerise and Azure Crayak. If you’re looking for action, I’d advise seeking it somewhere else,” she added dryly. “Same for those two,” she pointed at a dreamy looking blond and a distant, much younger looking girl, “those are Catherine and Saoirse o’hAodha. As in the Principal's daughters. Do not mess with him. Or them.”

“That’s Lucy Abbott,” she indicated the girl who had smiled at him earlier, “and Lily Canebrake,” the girl who looked like she was going to eat him. Lily and Ryoko seemed to be pairing up. That would be a terrifying pair to have to deal with, Kaspar decided.

A loud young woman shouted at Leto, who flinched away while Salem glared at her quietly, “Ah, that would be the delightful Miss Avery Desher,” Ms. Lynch smiled.

“Haru Miyazaki” was an arrogant looking young man who sat alone, and “Mutsumi Tezuka” a rather unremarkable girl with pigtails. She and a boyish blonde girl, “Peri Sassanid,” appeared to be conversing merrily.

Yep, Kaspar Hauser had ended up in a magnificent class. Full of unicorns and sparkles and rainbows. Goddammit.

Who do you approach?

---------------------

Co-hosted by Darkandus, ewuvi, Magnificate and serbii.
An exercise in logistics, crack and 'What Ifs'.
serbii

Re: High School AU Crossover Quest

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 3rd, 2010, 1:38 am

Catherine and Saoirse o’hAodha

Because I'm stupid, mostly. But also because if everyone avoids them due to their parentage, might find a decent friend.

Though I admit I'm a bit buzzed right now, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » September 3rd, 2010, 2:09 am

I think Lucy or Lionel, actually. Leto's insane laziness would be amusing for a while, but those two are the most likely to make helpful allies, in my opinion.
Ryoko-and-Lily would indeed eat us alive.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Wittgen » September 3rd, 2010, 2:10 am

What quest is Kaspar from? I don't know our protagonist, but I want to know what the hell is going on with his pants.
Wittgen

Unread postby Nasdaq » September 3rd, 2010, 2:15 am

Well the NAME is from a boy who was supposedly raised in total isolation, if I remember correctly. Google it if you want more info, I only remember it in passing.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Unread postby serbii » September 3rd, 2010, 2:30 am

Kaspar is an OC. He's not in any quest before this. We made a new protaganist for this quest.

Yes Kaspar Hauser was a real person, this Kaspar is not him, taking his name was our little joke considering what this one can do. But they are not related in any way, I liked the name and it went from there. Don't bother looking for meaning, there is none.
serbii

Unread postby Farmer_10 » September 3rd, 2010, 8:28 am

And what's the deal with the pants. Judging by how he keeps mentioning pants and phasing is he some kind of Danny-Phantom-esque Human/Ghost hybrid? If you're wondering how I got to that conclusion: Kaspar => Casper => Ghost. Or does he have powers of intangibility he can't fully control yet? Or am I reading too much into his comments and this is just a completely normal albeit potentially quirky setting?
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Magnificate » September 5th, 2010, 7:39 am

Kaspar surveyed the room looking for the least scary option. That friendly looking girl might be a good idea but oh God, she’s sitting next to the scary one. Feeling too many eyes on him, Kaspar decided to take his chances at the back of the classroom, at least then they’d Stop. Staring!

Reaching the back of the classroom he awkwardly caught the lazy looking boy’s eye, who dropped his chair back down with a resounding THUNK then launched into what he obviously thought was the most important information Kaspar would need.

“Don’t hit on Lucy; she’s taken, watch out for Lily; she’s trouble, watch out for Ryoko; she’s insane. Welcome to the “special” class, do you play the drums?”

Garron dropped his head into his hands.

“What? It’s a very important question.” Leto retorts.

“You don’t have to answer,” Garron says kindly. “Leto is looking for a drummer for our band.”

“Don’t go to the library alone,” Salem cut in abruptly.

“What?” Kaspar asked, confused.

“Just...don’t. I volunteer there after school most of the time, but make sure someone is with you and knows where you are at all times,” he finishes, sounding serious. “Also, join the band if you can play percussion. They suck without a drummer, and I want to be able to listen to Garron play with a decent band.”

Leto speaks up again “The only person who’s any good is Saoirse and she... declined. So yeah. There are other clubs and stuff too but they suck.”

“You’d be dead several times over without the Volunteer Club, Leto,” Salem interjects icily, “Death even you couldn’t avoid.”

“Hey now,” Garron raised his hands in a placating gesture, “there are a lot of interesting things to do, okay? Cathy’s Art Club is looking for new members, and the Sports Club is always happy to have new faces.”

Kaspar snorted a little bit at the last one. He was probably the most decidedly Un-Athletic person ever. Unless there was a sport involving fleeing. He’d probably be good at that.

Leto waved off Salem’s anger “Right, right, sorry. Volunteer club doesn’t suck, you want to take in a new guy though?... Sports club still sucks.”

“How very typical of you, Leto. That’s why the girls never take your numerous advances seriously,” Salem replied calmly.

“You wound me Salem. At least I get dates outside of this class. When are you getting a girlfriend?”

“When have I ever expressed an interest in obtaining a girlfriend?”

“Boyfriend then?”

Salem raises an eyebrow, “Is that...hope I hear in your voice?”

“I’m afraid Mutsumi already has me mentally paired up with Haru, you know how I’d hate to break her heart like that.”

Salem shuddered, “Well, I’m sure you could always get a date with Avery if you ever got truly desperate. Mutsumi probably wouldn’t mind that too much.”

Leto winced, “Too. Loud.”

“No, see, it’s the opposites attract principal. You’re positively made for each other!”

Garron burried his face in his hands, giving up. “You two just need to be locked in a closet together until you resolve this,” he mumbles.

Salem’s eyes widened and he blushed slightly. Leto swung his chair back again and closed his eyes.

“Didn’t we try that with Lionel and Ryoko once? Or was it Ryoko and Lily?”

Garron peered subtly at the two girls, “Well if it was the latter, I would call it a resounding success.”

Leto grinned.

“Uh...” Kaspar felt forgotten.

What now?
Magnificate

Unread postby serbii » September 5th, 2010, 10:07 pm

*Sigh* this is what happens when four of the main posters can't post and we're left with lurkers. *poke poke*
serbii

Unread postby Random_fan » September 5th, 2010, 10:13 pm

"While I'm sure this is all very interesting, I really have no idea what you guys are talking about."
Random_fan

Unread postby DidelotM1 » September 5th, 2010, 10:25 pm

If we are to find a target, for either romance,friendship, or rivalry I suggest going by more than what our erstwhile classmates say. After all they could be, and most likely are, biased one way or another. Attempt to use our ears to catch any snippets of chatter that may prove interest to us and politely work our way into the conversation should anything of note be said. If we are in any way shape or form artistic, I.E. we can draw stick figures without making them look like their cold, I suggest joining the art club assuming our after school time is relatively free.
DidelotM1

Unread postby serbii » September 6th, 2010, 4:27 am

Thank you dears.
(That's not an excuse to not post other people)
After all they could be, and most likely are, biased one way or another
We have a big list of how everyone feels about each other, it was fun to write :3
serbii

Unread postby Magnificate » September 6th, 2010, 4:43 am

I'll add that choosing a roommate doesn't have to be a rational fully informed decision. You could choose a character based on the fact you liked him in one of the previous Quests. ;)
Magnificate

Unread postby serbii » September 6th, 2010, 4:45 am

I'll add there's a default one you'll get based on who-likes-who if you don't want to choose. But yeah, try not to fall back on that.
serbii

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 6th, 2010, 8:59 pm

Working my way through the quests, but I say Leto, if only because I'm a mean bastard and would love to see Kaspar's reaction to what he'd end up dealing with.

Besides, he seems like he'd get the poor boy out of his shell.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 6th, 2010, 9:53 pm

Well, I haven't read much of a couple of the quests, so if I was going off of gut, Ryoko would be funny.

Now a more rational thought would be Salem, who seems nice, and could lead to some humorous situations, since Kaspar has no clue about his special 'condition.'
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Random_fan » September 6th, 2010, 10:15 pm

I say Leto, he seems like the least crazy person from our quests.
Random_fan

Unread postby Farmer_10 » September 7th, 2010, 10:14 am

Venture forth into library. Libraries always provide the best hijinxes. ADVENTURE HO!
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby serbii » September 7th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Listen Check: 1d10=2

Seriously, Haru, aren’t you too young to get a drivers licence anyway?

The blonde boy only snorted in response and the rest of the conversation drowned in murmurs with only the words ‘Salem’ and ‘van recognizable from another continent’.

Kaspar carefully weighed the options and decided to try getting Leto as a room mate, he seemed more or less normal and fairly unterrifying.

“Uh... about room mates...” Kaspar began and Mutsumi turned her head with interest - “I, um, don’t know anyone, and if uh...”

Leto looked up, his face neutral. “You’re asking me to be your room mate?”

Kaspar nodded, unable to speak.

Leto considers it for a second. “You’re not loud I take it?”

“No.”

“Messy?”

“Not really, no.”

“Wouldn’t have really mattered anyway. OK in the event of a full scale zombie apocalypse what would you do?”

“...is that likely to happen?”

“Well, not likely, and it probably wouldn’t be full scale.”

“Uh, flee?”

“Good man. People should choose that option more often. Now most importantly,” He pronounces each point very carefully “Do you have anyone, a girl perhaps, who will come and wake you and therefore your unfortunate roommate every damned morning at the crack of dawn and make you go to class?”

“No...”

“Will you wake me and make me go to class?”

“No...?”

Leto thinks for a second then nods. “You pass, congratulations, New Guy.” He waves over another boy, who for some reason slipped a fingerless glove over wristband on his left hand.

“Lionel, New Guy here-”

“Kaspar,” supplies Garron.

Leto continues, “Is going to be my room mate. Unlike someone, he doesn’t have “helpful” friends.”

“Yeah, works for me. My intended room assignment is going to take some more convincing anyway.”

“Well you aren’t stealing Garron,” Salem replies. “So you’re totally stuck with Haru,” he smirks a little bit at that.

“We’ll see.”

“There aren’t any other boys in the...what are you planning?” Garron asks, suddenly suspicious.

“Sorry, but not your problem, unless you’re willing to help.” Lionel seemed to be confident in his plan. However it wasn’t immediately obvious whether he had one already.

“I won’t know if you don’t tell me,” Garron replies.

“Bah,” Salem dismisses, “it’s probably pervy.”

Leto nods in agreement and approval.

“Salem!” Garron admonishes.

“Yeah, yeah,” Salem waves his friend off.

“So, you show him to our former room, Lionel?” Leto was apparently too lazy to serve as a guide to his own room.

Should we involve Kaspar in Lionel’s plan?
Start an awkward conversation?
Leto as roommate. Confirmed?
Where do we want to adventure to?
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 7th, 2010, 11:38 pm

"Leto, you're not messy, right?"

And if Lionel asks, ask for more information first.

Though going to the library with someone sounds like fun.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Random_fan » September 9th, 2010, 4:44 am

I Agree with Flux.
Random_fan

Unread postby Magnificate » September 11th, 2010, 8:24 pm

"Leto, you're not messy, right?" Kaspar asks, suddenly worried.

“Meh,” Leto waves his hand in a so-so motion, “No more than average.”

Kaspar shrugs and turns to Lionel. “So, if there’s only one other boy available, and you plan not to room with him...what are you planning?”

“We’re not the only class here, you know?” Lionel tears a page out of his notebook and to general interest of the nearby classmates scribes something in secret on it. He then folds the paper and with a stern look is about to hand it to Kaspar. With a smirk, Salem plucks it from his hand and quickly scans it. With a roll of his eyes, he folds it back up and hands it to Kaspar. The note reads: ‘I plan to share a room with the class president.’

“So,” Leto drawls, “Lionel and Haru then?”

“Yup,” Salem affirms.

“You do realize that you’ve just volunteered?” Lionel turns to the note-snatchers.

“To what, beat some sense into you?” Salem smirks. “Anyways, you do realize that you could very easily be expelled for harassment, yes? Especially Blair-er, Ms. Lynch. You know how protective she is.”

Garron sighs, “It can’t be that bad, Salem,” he looks at Lionel and turns stern. “And if it is that bad, then you aren’t involving us. I won’t have harassment charges preventing me from going to a good college. I already have my association to these people,” he indicates Salem and Leto, “to contend with,” he finishes in a teasing tone.

“So that you know, there is nothing illegal or immoral involved.” Lionel states in hope of cutting the discussion.

“Succeeding would be against school rules,” Salem points out. “Co-ed rooming isn’t even allowed in colleges, let alone with minors.”

“No. Full success would be within the school rules. I’m aiming for that.”

Salem rolls his eyes and smiles sweetly, “You won’t though. And I’d probably have to kill you if you did. Slayer’s code and all that.”

“Boys can’t be Slayers.” Lionel says, achieving the impossible by sounding both confident and confused.

Salem laughs, “Buffy much?”

Do we involve ourselves with Lionel’s quest for co-ed rooming? Do we have any plans or suggestions on how to succeed?
Since we’re going to the library, is there anyone specific we wish to ask to escort Kaspar?

Yup, poor Lionel rolled 1 on reflex so he got his plan spoiled in addition to the note being snatched. ;)
Magnificate

Unread postby Wittgen » September 11th, 2010, 10:00 pm

What time period are we living in that colleges don't have co-ed housing? That's weird. I thought we were in modern day. Are we not?

I say wish Lionel good luck, but we don't want anything to do with that no doubt disaster of a situation. Keep the note, though. We can use it as leverage if need be.

Let's ask a non-scary girl we haven't talked to about going to the library with us. There were two that were the principal's daughter or something, right? That no one seemed to go near for fear of repercussions? That sucks. Let's be their friend.
Wittgen

Unread postby serbii » September 11th, 2010, 10:20 pm

Not housing, rooming, it's 2 people to a dorm room.
Yes, we are in modern day.

Cathy and Saoirse are non-scary then? ok.
Any further thoughts, even if it's just agreement by other people.
Choose your party for the Library, anyone else or are you just asking those two?
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 12th, 2010, 1:47 am

Lionel wishes to be with the class president, obviously find a way to sabotage it so he ends up with the scary lady, Lily, instead. Do it while avoiding having it pinned to us. Sure probable future roommate said she is insane, it could mean she takes studying seriously with him.

About the library, also ask the seemingly friendly Lucy for help. Though with the principal's daughters avoid talking about their father, unless it comes up, that way we don't seem to be sucking up. They may have had a problem with that at one point. Also the two girls with the last name Crayak scare me.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Return to “%s” Quests