Vampire Quest *No Sparkles allowed.*

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Vampire Quest *No Sparkles allowed.*

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 7:38 pm

For the first few moments the only thing in your world is the sound of rain hitting metal above you and the stench of weeks of decay. Then the pain hits.

Your body starts shivering as sharp points dig into your back, but you can't bear to move as your body aches so badly even shivering is almost making you pass out again.

You lay there, staring blankly at the darkness surrounding you. Unbearably cold. Unable to think from the pain. Abruptly your attention is drawn by the shrieks of a child. You can't make out the words as they are muffled by the rain and your container, but you guess that they are screaming for help. You turn your head towards the sound and go rigid in pain as your neck throbs in agony. Through the pain you manage to make out an inhuman shrieking, so loud that you would swear it was screaming into your face. Overlaying the steadily growing screech was a rythmic thump, one every second, and quickly approaching. By the time the noises finally stop you could swear they were shaking the world apart. A few moments pass and you slip back into unconciousness.

___

You come to again. You're so cold it feels like you are about to die, but the pain is gone. It is an incredible struggle, but you manage to lift your arms up and put your hands against the top of your container. You suddenly think of a coffin and you are suddenly overcome with terror, whit a shriek you push against it as hard as your aching limbs can and inch by inch you manage to push the lid up. Scrambling up you throw an arm through the gap before your strength gives out, and slowly you push your way through the opening, wincing in pain as the lid scrapes over your back.

You land in a heap into a stinking puddle of water and stare at where the sky should be. You see nothing but soaking wet pipes and wires going up at least dozens of feet, most of them not even connected to anything and just hanging there, useless and decaying. Some still ocassionally drip droplets of water onto the soaked, cracked and uneven ground. You look towards your container and see that it's a dumpster. You suddenly feel sick and look away. The only light in the immediate area is coming from yellow bulbs in absurdly thick metal cages which cast your surroundings in a dappled, surreal glow.

Idly you think about how stupid it was of you to walk in Tallaght alone at night. But the worst that could happen to you there was wandering into the wrong area and getting killed, And even though Tallaght was a skip, nowhere in it looked nearly as bad as this.

Your voice comes out, weak and painfully.

"So, where the hell am I?"

What do you do?
--------------------------------------------------------------

As long as you've read the title you know this is a quest that contains at least one vampire. It also contains a lot of other things. Horrible, horrible things that will try to kill you, such as Human beings, and robot zombies probably not.

Also Dice Rolling shall be in this quest but as I don't know how to use Magnificate's dice roller I won't be able to show you the results. Don't worry about it though as it's not important yet so I may be able to figure it out before anything serious happens.

And just so you don't think I'm not paying attention, while this post was in first person, from this point on any other posts continuing the story will be in third person.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Re: Vampire Quest *No Sparkles allowed.*

Unread postby ewuvi » June 14th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Asses body for damage, take inventory of supplies. What's our name?
ewuvi

Unread postby SLAMU » June 14th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Lestat
How about Murphey?

Asses self, surroundings. Rub neck where the pain is coming from, and stumble over towards a wall to prop ourselves up. If we can find an exit, take it.
SLAMU

Unread postby doc.exe » June 14th, 2010, 8:06 pm

Well, vampires are some of my favorite supernatural creatures (Ann Rice and Stephanie Meyer be dammed). This may be interesting. :)

As the other said, check for body damage and the surroundings in order to find an exit. Also, if there is anything in our vecinity that can be used as weapon or support while we get out of here, take it.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby unknown11228 » June 14th, 2010, 8:21 pm

>>analyze setting
I want to know if this is high fantasy, low fantasy, or a fantasy-scifi hybrid. A basic rundown of the world would also be nice. :smile:
unknown11228

Unread postby Farmer_10 » June 14th, 2010, 8:35 pm

*Crosses fingers*modernmodernmodernmodernmodern. Or discworld. That would be cool too.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 8:47 pm

Peception roll: Hidden.

Lucy Abbott winced in pain from the cuts to her back, she couldn't check how bad it was here, so she tried to ignore it. Slowly, Lucy stood up before moving to lean against a wall of the alley. Noticing bruising on her hands she pushes up her sleeves to find that the aching and weakness of her body was probably due to a thorough beating. She could feel the acid rise up her throat at the thought of being beaten and thrown to die in a dumpster, her hand settled on her throat. Realising there was a strange texture in some spots Lucy rubbed at them. She abruptly remembered the pain in her neck that she felt in the dumpster, but it didn't hurt now. Lucy automatically reached for her handbag to use her mirror when she realised it was missing. She looked around and noticed that at each end of the alley it branced off into two paths. She looks around for a weapon but sees nothing except soggy paper and stuff she doesn't want to look too closely at. A flight of fancy suddenly grips Lucy as she considers that this isn't her world. She smiles at the though. "Of course it's my world. Look, there's electricity and everything. I'm just somewhere...weird."

*Rundown of the world and setting shall be discovered as you advance hrough the quest. This was her perception of the area she was in at this given time as decided by the dice gods.*

Current possessions: A pair of shoes (black, stained), tights (Black, laddered, stained), Underwear, Camisole (Green, stained, perforated at back), Jeans (Navy, stained), Plastic rain jacket with hood (Yellow, stained, perforated at back), Necklace (Silver). 20 Euro note.

----------------------------------

I have to say, there are an awful lot of female protagonists in our quests. But let it be know that this one was chosen at random.
Darkandus

Unread postby Wittgen » June 14th, 2010, 8:53 pm

Find a reflective surface to better assess mysterious neck injury and whatnot. And maybe check the coffin? Some cultures would put valuables in with the dead. We're not dead, but we could still use valuables.

And yeah, assess has twofour s's. I only bring it up on the desperate hope that you were verbifying the word ass. That would be so good, but I don't think we can turn ourself into a donkey. Not yet.
Wittgen

Unread postby ewuvi » June 14th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Oh dear, I've been out of school for one week, and it's already begun. Embarrassing.

Weren't we in a dumpster, and not a coffin?

I think we should venture forth, maybe try and find somewhere warmer or less crappy to figure out what's going on.
ewuvi

Unread postby Farmer_10 » June 14th, 2010, 9:03 pm

Yeah I think we're done here. Move to the end of the alley, look around and we'll move on from there.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 9:18 pm

Spot check: 12

Lucy looks around for her handbag, not finding it in the immediate vicinity she stumbles over to the Dumpster she was tossed into. Struggling to lift the lid she gags at the stench, hardly believing she had been lying in it moments before. Looking around inside she ses only refuge and the broken bottles she had been lying on. As she moves to close the lid she catches a glimpse of something shiny and decides to check it out. Reaching in she grabs the shiny thing and pulls it out, reavealing it to be the clasp of her Green Handbag.

Obtained: Green Handbag, lipstick, hand mirror, hairbrush, Wallet, Mobile Phone, 200 Euro, Drivers licence, Garda Age Card, xtra-vision membership card, glasses.

Lucy takes out the mirror to check out her neck, looking briefly at her face she sees her face is dirty, drawn and pale, her long blond hair is disgustingly in need of a wash and the yellow lighting is giving her gray eyes a yellowish tinge. Finished admiring herself she looks at her neck and notices a ring of faded, white bitemarks.

"What the fuck!"

Taking a moment to calm down she decides it would be a good idea to leave. As there are four exits out of this alley the picks the two right hand exits and then noticing both paths look the same she goes right again. The pipes and wires continue on overhead. The only real change in scenery is a couple of vents leaking steam and metal doors leading into what Lucy suspects is the back of buildings. The path continues on.
Darkandus

Unread postby Arganaut » June 14th, 2010, 9:21 pm

Perhaps if we were to put on our glasses (as the xtra-vision membership card might suggest we need) we'd be able to see more clearly where we're going, and might catch some door or path that we might miss without our glasses.
Arganaut

Unread postby Farmer_10 » June 14th, 2010, 9:25 pm

Good spot, Arganaut. Afterwards check cellphone.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 9:32 pm

Lucy absentmidedly fumbles with her glasses case before taking out it's contents and putting them on. Noticing it makes her vision even more blurred than before she takes them off and looks at the lenses. The lenses are smeared and dirty, looking around for something to clean them with she realises nothing she has won't just make it worse. She shrugs and puts them back in their case.

Stopping for a moment in realisation she slaps her forehead.

"My phone."

She takes it out and touches the screen. The display lights up, but the words "No Signal" take up most of the screen. Lucy's face scrunches up in frustration as she tosses the phone back into her handbag.

Looking up the alley she spots a strong light that was absent a minute ago.
Last edited by Darkandus on June 14th, 2010, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkandus

Unread postby Arganaut » June 14th, 2010, 9:40 pm

I'd say take out our phone and check the time... just to make sure that the new light isn't the sun.

Otherwise, head towards it. Its just about the only lead we have at the moment.
Arganaut

Unread postby Farmer_10 » June 14th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Observe the light from a distance. The source of the light is a possible unfriendly so it's best to be cautious.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 9:53 pm

Spot check=11
Listen check=15

Lucy recalls that the time was 01:13.

Moving towards the light she notices that an extremely heavily armed and armored man is talking to a little kid. Hidden in the shadows she strains to hear them.

"...says that she doesn't care if you have work. You haven't been home in days."

"Look kid. Tell the bitch that if I don't guard this fucking gate, some TechHead bastards will walk right the fuck in and kill everyone. And while I don't give a damn about her I do happen to care about you."

"Ok Daddy."

"Tch, get inside. And keep to the lit areas. Why do you keep to the lit areas?"

"So the creeps don't get me, Daddy."

"Go on then."

The child runs back through the gate as it closes, the light goes off."

What do you do?
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » June 14th, 2010, 10:08 pm

I...I would say approach the light, but I think we might be a creep.
ewuvi

Unread postby Arganaut » June 14th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Try to keep the kid from seeing you, and then see if you can't sneak around the jerk in the armor.
Arganaut

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 10:15 pm

The kid is already gone. There is absolutely no possible way for you to get by the guy in armor as the alley is about six feet wide and he's looking directly down it.
Darkandus

Unread postby Arganaut » June 14th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Hmmmm..... it looks like we might want to try to go down a different hallway... though I suspect we might find a similar circumstance no matter how many times we look through the halls...

If the other hallways are just the same, I suggest attempting to throw our lipstick over his head, into the area behind him, with the hope that the noise would draw him and his attention away from the hall so that we might be able to make a break for it/sneak out.
Arganaut

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 10:21 pm

Let me confirm your intention. You want to throw the lipstick to distract him, but do you want to run towards the gate or away from him?
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » June 14th, 2010, 10:24 pm

And lose our lipstick? NO! WE NEED THAT!
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » June 14th, 2010, 10:25 pm

*Snerk* I'll wait for a consensus of sorts.
Darkandus

Unread postby Arganaut » June 14th, 2010, 10:26 pm

I'd say towards the gate, but only after we confirm that the lipstick distracted him. Otherwise we could just run off without throwing the lipstick.
Arganaut

Return to “%s” Quests