Free Plot Bunnies to a good home (or free meat?)

Free Plot Bunnies to a good home (or free meat?)

Unread postby ashez2ashes » July 25th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Everyone has fanfic ideas that they like but don't intend to ever use, for one reason or another. Maybe they don't have time to write, burnt out of the series the idea is from, not confident in their writing ability, etc... So I thought it might be fun to have a topic where people mention some plot bunnies that they like but don't want to use.

Any series, any kind of plot, anything goes. And who knows? We might end up inspiring each other.

For example:

- GTO/Utena crossover where Onizuka works as a substitute teacher could be really fun. I even had a title picked out "The Kids Aint' Right". Problem is, it was such a long time ago when I saw Utena I don't remember most of the characters names and I really don't want to rewatch it again. lol

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer fic. Xander is the last surviving member of the scoobies. Living in an apartment alone strewn with broken beer bottles, Xander makes a deal with the Powers that Be to become Melaka Fray's watcher in the far future, in exchange for the lives of the friends he had lost (and will never see again). Would have called it "Fray Adjacent".
Last edited by ashez2ashes on July 25th, 2008, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ashez2ashes

Re: Free Plot Bunnies to a good home (or free meat?)

Unread postby bibliophile20 » July 25th, 2008, 8:04 pm

Pulling a stack from an old LiveJournal post:

Most of these are seeds to get the creative juices flowing, while others are good for a throwaway line to up the bizarreness that is endemic to the Potterverse, but all can be fun if well done.

-Luna breaking the fourth wall.

-Ron being introduced to 3-D Muggle chess.

-Trelawney pausing for a moment, pulling out a blank piece of parchment, scribbling down a series of numbers, and then continuing on as if nothing happened. A week later it's the lottery jackpot numbers... (instigated by the joke "How come you never see the headline "Psychic wins lottery"?")

-Snape and DuPont.

-Luna ends up on Snopes as the subject of one of the entries.

-A lubrication spell cast in a situation calling for WD-40, or cast on a corridor floor, bringing new meaning to the phrase "Slip-n-Slide."

-Animated conga-dancing paper clips or rubber bands.

-Fred and George get introduced to Muggle video games or Muggle VR.

-Luna and the Giant's Causeway

-Fred, George and Lee do tequila and firewhiskey mixer shots. Hilarity, pranking and mass property damage ensue.

-An illegal flying carpet (occupied), from the StoreRoom of Requirement, introduces itself to the Whomping Willow...

-Rocks fall. Nobody dies.
bibliophile20

Unread postby Minion » July 25th, 2008, 8:10 pm

*Blinks* This is a nice topic.. I've got some I'd like to share. *Cracks knuckles*

Nameless Naruto fic- Orochimaru, standing in the ashes of Konoha and his fallen enemies, heaves a sigh. He has obtained the Sharingan, defeated his hated nemeses, and achieved absolute immortality. Now he's bored. With another sigh and a wave of his hand, he uses his god-like powers to return to the past and do it over again. Just for the hell of it. :devil
Minion

Unread postby MEKristian » July 25th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Well, as I'm lazy to an extreme, and get crossovers stuck in my head....

By the Power of the Kings (tentative Title?)- Laying in a grassy meadow while learning to climb trees, Naruto wakes up to the sight of a green haired woman, who offers him the "Power of the Kings". Hoping this power will help him achieve his goals, Naruto readily accepts the offer, but will this journey make or break him? Either way, let's hope there's Pizza. (Naruto/Code Geass)

The East is Burning Red! (Tentative)- While hiding from a rioting crowed on his Birthday, Naruto has a chance encounter with a strange man from the far east. This man takes a shine to the young jinchuriki, and teaches him to fight before departing. Years later, while looking for a suitable person to teach him, Naruto and the mysterious Master Asia meet once again. What will become of Naruto now? (Naruto/G Gundam)

I've probably got a few more, but those are the two that immediately jump-out at me... *shrugs*
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby ewuvi » July 25th, 2008, 10:30 pm

The Joker is actually the leader of the Akatsuki.
ewuvi

Unread postby Baladar » July 26th, 2008, 12:19 am

:goodpost

That post was full of Win.
Baladar

Unread postby ewuvi » July 26th, 2008, 12:47 am

Oh, you flatter me :aww: I wish the Akatsuki's goal was nothing, that they just wanted to screw with people for shits and giggles. It'd be so much cooler.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » July 26th, 2008, 1:40 am

The Joker is actually the leader of the Akatsuki.
Spoiler for relation to The Dark Knight
Spoiler: show
C'mere Itachi, i'll show you how to make a pencil disappear with that Sharingan of yours. :devil
Agreed, that was awesome ewuvi.

Edit: My own evil plot bunny of doom. Naruto learns the Henge from another source before academy, and follows up by creating the Oiroke No Jutsu. The spinoff is he also creates a fully clothed age appropriate version and first day of academy while using this Jutsu is mixed up between Iruka and Suzume's class. He then goes on to learn the courtesan aspect of Kunoichi. Obviously a crack fic, but Naruto proved that he has the talent to k.o. numerous males in Canon with the Oiroke. Also, I love the idea of a reverse play on the Fem Naru stories. This one, he is actually a boy playing a girl.

Just my own contribution.
MorphCross

Unread postby biomonkey » July 27th, 2008, 8:05 am

Tossing in a few of my own:

Plot Like a Nara: Yet another bloodline Naruto story, but a bit different. Naruto has always been able to plan on the fly, but this takes it a step further. Tactical precognition. The ability to take in a situation and calculate the best course of action in an incredibly short time. Granted, it could easily become yet another superduper gary-stu Naruto story, but knowing the best course of action isn't exactly going to guarantee a win against a far stronger opponent.

Untitled (Naruto/HP): Harry is a Nara. Kinda surprised it hasn't been used yet (to my knowledge). James animagus was a stag, they both share an attraction to "troublesome women" (I think).

Untitled (Naruto/Bleach): Yoruichi is Naruto's mom, or is at least an influence on his life. Idea comes from Darthvalgaav's story the Wind Lord and the origins of the sexy technique.
biomonkey

Unread postby Kage Husha » July 27th, 2008, 9:47 am

Naruto/Bleach - Naruto is Kurosaki Ichigo, essentially. Mixes Bleach with AuthorLord's Team 8 story.

Naruto's parents were Shinigami. He doesn't get his powers awakened until a month before the Chuunin Exam by Rukia (manga version where Rukia is distracted, that's why Hollow is able to attack her). Rukia becomes a fifth member of Team 8 afterwards.

During Sound Invasion, Naruto joins Sandaime and Haku in fight against Orochimaru. When Orochimaru summons the three Hokage's, Naruto frees them and sends them to Heaven, thus saving Yondaime from his prison in Hell. After defeating Orochimaru (and before he gets away), Orochimaru summons a Menos Grande and Naruto goes to keep it from destroying the village, thus giving Orochimaru a chance to escape.

During Tsunade Arc, Byakuya and Renji come to get Rukia. During the fight, Team 8 mange to get Rukia away, but Byakua takes out Naruto's Shinigami powers. Ends up using Kyuubi power to keep them from taking Rukia. This sets up the Sasuke Arc, keeps it canon, otherwise, Naruto would kick Sasuke's ass so quickly and badly (assuming AuthorLord is going canon, which I highly doubt). During Sasuke chase, Rukia is captured and taken to Soul Society. Naruto stalls his training with Ero-Sennin to get Shinigami powers back with Urahara.

After saving Rukia, Naruto and Team 8 stay in Soul Society to train for Aizen and Akatsuki.

Hinata gets Orihime's powers, Kurenai can do more powerful genjutsu, Shino's bugs get supercharged off the Reiatsu from Naruto and Soul Society. Ishida the Quincy is there, and Sado too.

What do you think? Wish I could write it, but having ADHD makes me too scatterbrained.
Last edited by Kage Husha on July 27th, 2008, 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kage Husha

Unread postby shoootme » July 27th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Untitled naruto fic- hinata was not saved by her dad at age 3 when she was kidnapt insted thay beleved that she was murdered intill team 7's mission goes bad and find her rotting away in a cloud jail.

got ulers but i am useing them as work to cheap me writhing after uiny. If i get bored with them i will put them up.
shoootme

Unread postby ewuvi » July 27th, 2008, 2:27 pm

got ulers but i am useing them as work to cheap me writhing after uiny. If i get bored with them i will put them up.
I'm sorry, but what? What does your post say? I can only get about half of it.
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 27th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Here's one that I've been toying with. I'm using elements of it in the Naruto-fic that I might finally post some day, but this particular variation is free to a good home.

YuYu Hakusho/Naruto cross - The Apocolypse has come and gone, and the human world has rebuilt itself decently. In Demon World the three reigning Kings decide that it might be a good idea to check on any descendants they've got left. Yuusuke finds himself exerting every ounce of patience that his eons long marriage to Keiko has granted him as he deals with a single irrepressible bundle of blond energy that hides just as many scars behind his cheerful mask as Yuusuke did with his tough-guy act before Keiko soothed most of them away. (I was planning to either have Keiko descended from some sort of minor Demon Clan, whose blood is awakened when she and Yuusuke are first intimate, or some sort of life-bond demon mate thing).

Hiei on the other hand, finds a whole clan of descendants, among which is a young girl who reminds him very much of his sister, with feelings for someone who reminds him very much of a certain orange-haired oaf. The way the clan acts and treats each other enrages him, (I figured that he's very family oriented considering his childhood and the lengths he went to to protect Yukina) and he decides that he must step in and clean house, though Yuusuke has forbidden killing, leaving him to use "alternative" methods; while Kurama finds that a former experiment in demonic plants of his is loose in the world, along with the rather... "troublesome" fate of an elder cousin of his.

And it seems that even Kuwabara left his mark, in the form of the Sand Trio, especially the youngest. Gaara's torment isn't because of the ineffectiveness of the seal, but because his spiritual awareness is just as high as his mother's was; the shock of feeling Shukaku's twisted mind while she was already under the strain of labor killed her, and Gaara can clearly hear the whisperings even though the seal that Chiyo used should have kept it silent. I'll leave it to anyone who uses this to decide what Kuwabara's fate was, or if he's somehow alive after all these years.
Last edited by Tempest Kitsune on July 27th, 2008, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby shoootme » July 27th, 2008, 5:59 pm

I'm sorry, but what? What does your post say? I can only get about half of it.

my bad sorry :duh

got more but I am using them as work to make me writing after university. If I get bored with them I will put them up.
shoootme

Unread postby unknown87 » July 27th, 2008, 7:43 pm

This one has stuck with me for a while, but I'm really bad at continuing to write once I have part of an idea on paper, and I think this one deserves to be finished.

A problem with the HP-verse; the Ministry is heavily weighted to give purebloods more authority, and Muggleborn are stuck at no higher than 'desk clerk.' Canon gives us both the implied prejudice against Muggleborn, and the absolute lack of an official familiarization with the magical world (C'mon, there's loads of stuff about the magical world and culture that isn't taught at Hogwarts, the purebloods don't talk about them because it's just 'common knowledge', and thus muggleborns never find out about them.) On top of that, given the tiny class size at Hogwarts, it seems like alot of muggleborn never even make it to the prominent schools, and many may not even get a magical education at all.

Given the absolute inability to rise in the magical world, the magical world's near total ignorance of the muggle world, and the fact that muggleborns are all at least generally familiar with the Muggle advances of the last 100 years, I can see a sort of 'helper' organization arising. A technomancers guild of sorts, that views the mainstream magical community as quaint and backward, and seek out disenfranchised muggleborns to help them build towards a better world. Call them what ever you want, the Brotherhood of Steel, Sons of Ether, Technomancers Union, but it's full of people who actively combine technological and sorcerous innovations. The possibilities for inventions are limitless. Indexed and searchable tomes in big stuffy libraries like Hogwarts, that zap the books to the counter next to the computer. A super computer literally, in the palm of your hand with shrinking and/or storage charms. Near limitless power supplies, with fusion/fission reactors that can literally fit in your pocket. And that's just thinking in terms of applying magic to current technological solutions/problems. There's reams and reams of science fiction effects that could be duplicated by application of magic. Holodeck anyone? How's space travel going to progress with ships that have infinite fuel and air supplies? How about research? Maybe muggle scientists just can't directly detect that missing matter in the universe because it's magical, and invisible to them?

Now, take an organization with this sort of attitude and tech, and think about what it can do when Voldemort takes over the Ministry. Having been suitably beaten down by the first rise, it doesn't bury it's head in the sand like the rest of the magical world at the first signs of his return. Instead you're looking at an organization that faces Voldemort's takeover with a gamut of high-tech gizmos; suits of powered armor, portal guns, machine guns with self-cooling barrels and conjured ammunition that never runs out, railguns, roboteching Macross missile swarms, Death Eater-seeking napalm, and a thousand other mundane and tech-devised ways to take down Death Eaters that are more numerous and harder to dodge than the fiddly emotion-dependent Avada Kedavra. A bit of fast moving metal might be more crude and easier to heal than the green flashlight, but it still kills you just as dead, if messier.

People are quick to bring up the "magic and technology don't mix." bit of canon. Fact is though, we see a fair bit of interaction. The Hogwarts Express is not something from the medieval era. The Flying Anglia was made sometime between '39 and '48. Wizarding Wireless just seems like a radio to me. What it seems to me is that anything electronic is what has trouble; thus no computers, digital/touch tone phones, and the like. Canon never explains why things don't work, just that that's how it is. My guess is that magic generates a fairly high level of EM radiation, and interferes with unshielded electronics, so while your bog standard laptop or cell-phone will frazzle, military spec stuff that's supposed to be EMP-proof would work fine. Even if it isn't, a lot of things can be fudged, tech-effects can be duplicated with magic - bound spirits/copied personalities instead of computer control/AI (wizard portraits, anyone?), a strength boosting enchantment on armor rather than servo assisted strength, etc.

I have a scene stuck in my head where the Death Eaters spring their ambush on the Order at the beginning of DH and have the aerial battle go horribly wrong as they get intercepted mid-flight by some jet-packing powered armor, and everything goes downhill for the black hats from there. I really want to see it, and I'm a fair writer, but I know how I operate, and if I start it, I'll write the first chapter, the itch will have been scratched, and I won't come back to it for a year, if ever. I think the idea is good and sound though, and maybe someone else can take it in direction that I didn't think of.
unknown87

Unread postby selina_catz » July 28th, 2008, 8:21 am

It is Samhain, day of the honoured dead.
Forty years have passed since the first defeat of Tom Riddle also known as Voldemort or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named at the hands of Harry Potter. Eightteen years have passed since Harry Potter left the Wizarding World after he defeated Voldemort a second and final time. Five years have passed since the death of the muggle author known as John Smith.
All of you are no doubt wondering what the death of a muggle has to do with those first two. It is well known that John Smith was a pseudonym, the author's real name was Harry Potter, son of James and Lily Evans.

This was supposed to have been the start of an article in the Quibbler in chapter one of a 'Harry in Azkaban' story, but I never managed to make it into a full story. I allways wanted to read one of those where he never enters the Wizarding World again and doesn't forgive anyone.
selina_catz

Unread postby ashez2ashes » July 28th, 2008, 10:24 pm

On top of that, given the tiny class size at Hogwarts, it seems like alot of muggleborn never even make it to the prominent schools, and many may not even get a magical education at all.
I was pondering on this statement while I was at work and had a few thoughts on it. While many "pure" bloods would probably want to not train muggleborns, realistically speaking, I don't think they have much of a choice. If Dumbledore's sister is any indication, not training a magical child is dangerous for the magical person and more importantly everyone around them. To keep the statute of secrecy intact they got to give those people some kind of outlet (or kill them outright I guess if you're voldy's regime) or the accidental magic attacks threaten wizards secrecy. It wouldn't be much of a stretch for adults accidental magic to be even worse than kids too.

The idea as a whole is pretty interesting though. Now that I think about it, a muggle born dark wizard, willing to use muggle tech as well as magic would be a whole heck of a lot stronger than Voldy...
ashez2ashes

Unread postby ewuvi » July 28th, 2008, 10:42 pm

Yeah, I never got why a disarmed wizard didn't just pull out a gun and shoot the enemy while they were gawking.

EDIT: avoiding double posting again. I still haven't broken the habit.

Plot bunny:
The first time Team 8 saw Shino playing bagpipes, naked in the moonlight with all of the insects dancing about with him.
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » July 28th, 2008, 11:53 pm

Plot bunny: The first time Team 8 saw Shino playing bagpipes, naked in the moonlight with all of the insects dancing about with him.
To that, I only have to say this:
Kuchiki Rukia: We stand in awe before that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber, that which cannot be explained.
:lol: :animlol:
:cheers:
MorphCross

Unread postby Shoubushi » August 4th, 2008, 4:02 pm

I might still use this one one day, so I'm really just posting it up to gauge people's reactions. You see stories all the time about Naruto coming back into the past, or occasionally all of Team 7. But I've only ran into one where only Sakura does it.

My idea is that Naruto and Sakura had grown up to about the age of 22. They were had been lovers since 18 and he was recently made Hokage. They along with their friends had managed to destroy both Akatsuki and through Sasuke, Orochimaru. Sasuke never returns however, and due to the lies of Madara and the lingering traces of Orochimaru in his psyche he decides to finish their work.

Naruto dies somewhat early on in the second Leaf/Sound war due to Sasuke attempting to use his control of Kyuubi and thus Naruto to destroy the village. When Sakura tries to stop Kyuubi Naruto's rampage, Naruto regains momentary control and offs himself rather than allow Sasuke to kill her and destroy the village through him. Sakura takes on the role of the seventh Hokage and continues to try and lead the village through the war afterwards. I'm not sure how yet but it all eventually comes crashing down and the village is destroyed.

Sakura is confronted by Shinigami who gives her a chance to go back and make it right. When she asks why this chance wasn't offered to Naruto instead, she is told that the lives of destined people such as Naruto can only be changed by the actions of others. They themselves have no control over how their lives run, all they can ever do is react to the events around them. Sakura agrees and is returned to her 12 year old self in the academy. She now has to prevent the events that led to the destruction of the leaf but more importantly to Naruto's death. Without him, the prophesied golden age can never exist and the world will burn instead.

So with her in the past, she has to decide firstly whether or not the Uchiha can be salvaged and if not, when and how to kill him. She now also has to deal with giving Naruto "boyfriend training" as well as helping him to become the ninja and man that she knows he can and will be. Because, dammit, she wasted one lifetime pining away after the Uchiha before finding Naruto. She sure as hell wasn't going to wait a whole 'nother lifetime waiting for her lover to eventually return to the way she remembers him!

What do ya'll think?
Last edited by Shoubushi on August 4th, 2008, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoubushi

Unread postby ewuvi » August 4th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Good idea Shoubushi.

mmkay, so, just to ruin the psyche of anyone I can, and I know I've already ruined some people with it.

Drag Queen Voldemort. In fishnet.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » August 4th, 2008, 4:59 pm

I think that massive wall of text was brutally painful to look at, let alone read.
Wittgen

Unread postby Shoubushi » August 4th, 2008, 5:08 pm

My psyche is already destroyed due to the things I have seen while serving my country. Sooooooo, I'll help you Ewuvi. Add in him singing and doing the act for the transvestite song in Rocky Horror Picture Show. :biggrin2
Shoubushi

Unread postby ewuvi » August 4th, 2008, 5:16 pm

:aww: I really like you Shou. That was a great idea. Perfect even. Drag Queen Fishnet! Voldemort musical incorporating the Transvestite song from the Rocky Horror Picture Show about his life after being blasted by a baby Harry Potter. Anyone up to it?
ewuvi

Unread postby MorphCross » August 4th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Tim Curry, if he was younger and a bit more physically fit, could have done an awesome Voldemort I bet. :animyikes: Ah well, Ralph Fiennes does a pretty good job as it is.

Other people have done it, but Ino containing Kyuubi is a concept that has always intrigued me. And It's relatively easy to explain if you go off of birth dates in the Naruto Verse.
MorphCross

Return to “%s” General Fanfiction Discussion