Ghostbusters: Japan Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Ghostbusters: Japan Quest

Postby spudman » July 7th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Is there any reason we HAVE to do this tonight? With more time we could gather up the Scouts (we are so sending Pluto a WTF?! text), etc.

Name spells...will the book club be willing to cast those remotely to at least stall Sadako once she enters our world?

Bonus points if we have something that belonged to her, I bet.

Echo said 'call' the Spirit Detectives, so that shouldn't take much time.
Call the spirit detectives and see if we can arrange a date at the place where the Biba Jibun are detained (just don't tell them they are there, of course). Then get there earlier and see if we can get the girls out of jail before they arrive.
Hm? I'm not really sure what it is you're suggesting. Not busting them out, I hope, that'd be very illegal.

We should post the bunny's bail.

As for the possible time before the bomb goes off where Sadako is in God-Mode....

That is what diversions are for.

Now here's the important question: what could draw the attention of a spiritual ball of pure pain and rage and/or the incarnation of a virus?

Ideas?
spudman

Postby doc.exe » July 15th, 2012, 3:17 am

I meant posting their bail of course. Busting them out could be fun, but I'm very sure we don't need any more problems with the authorities at this point.

As to what to use as a diversion for Sadako... Outside of offering her more innocent victims (something that we obviously are not going to do), I got nothing.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Postby spudman » August 1st, 2012, 5:35 pm

Distractions for Sadako...well, we could dig something up from her personal history and/or family. That would REALLY annoy her.

She is in kahoots with the Smallpox virus. Something that appeals to that will appeal to her. She may be a ball of rage but EVERYBODY has an ego. So, what would stroke a virus's ego?

Its very own Quilt.

On it will be stitched "Smallpox: X and Counting. Suck it, AIDS!"

Yeah, horrible, I know. But crazy (and horribly funny) enough to work.

Or go for the opposite and go for a 'diss smallpox' quilt.
spudman

Postby EchoGarrote » August 20th, 2012, 3:34 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to discontinue this rp. It's all on my end. I have a new, more steady, job and I don't want to keep you fellows waiting for even longer periods between updates. I had a lot of fun, and I hope you guys enjoyed it too. If someone else wants to continue the adventures of GB: J, then feel free.

However, I dislike leaving things hanging for people, so I'm going to give you a quick synopsis of what I had planned for some of the adventures.
Spoiler: show
Be Kind Rewind: Big final fight at the drainage ditch, Sadako would have possessed any other allies you brought with you until the bomb went off. Purifying the Fragment of Oiwa wouldn't of had any immediate effect, but that's because you caused reality to glitch and then reboot to fix the impossibility. In that instant Enki would have brought back to life a few people that died due to 'destiny.' The Girl who was in another world-that-could-have-been 'Nunnally' now revived from her execution by the Nocturne, Naomi Misora from Death Note, and Mami Tomoe from PMMM. He instantly sets forth his Fateless to cause migraines for the other factions, and to cause Destiny to REALLY break down.

Deadman's Gun: A girl comes to HQ to challenge Akira to a duel. Turns out, Akira's not truly a McFarlane, he's a Marston. And the ancestor of Edgar Ross has hunted him down for revenge. Turns out Jack Marston fell in love with a Mexican girl, settled down, had a family, but when the kid was two his wife got pneumonia and died. Jack knew he could never raise a kid on his own, so he gave him to Bonnie who was married, but still childless. Many years later, a Japanese and Italian descendent from the two families meet again to continue the destined cycle of revenge. And if Akira chickens out and runs, she'll call her uncle Enrico Maxwell of Iscariot and ask him for a favor. Michiko has to figure out a way to stop the damn duel and end this madness.

...But they love us in Japan: Sato and Michiko go to a Chinatown Mall for a job. It's also where Ember McClain of Danny Phantom is manifesting for her comeback tour. Toruble is, Ghost Zone ghosts KNOW that the Ghostbusters are a Class A threat, and she pulls out all the stops. Sato also keeps trying to save and evacuate every last person in the damn mall. It'll get the poor idiot killed. Can you save him, save the mall, stop Ember, and what is the deal with that weird ass pet shop?

It Chymes For Thee: Changed this one. You meet Chyme's family, learn her real name, save her family from Nocturne/P-COC/Hell Girl so she doesn't sacrifice herself to do it. Then you have to see if Chyme chooses to cross over or not. Of course, why would anyone who's seen Heaven want to leave?

Better Thought A Fool: I had a couple of ideas with this one really, was going to change it due to what happened. It was either going to go Vampire Princess Miyu, or Phoenix Wright. Either way it ends up with Suki cussing someone out, and you kicking ass.

Callback: Audition. As in the movie. Sana's being hunted by a nasty nasty NASTY ghost.

Mightier Than The Pen: You get hired to protect a guy from Kira. With judicious use of PKE tracing and Mood Slime protection, you 'cheat' and catch Light. He naturally freaks out and makes a run for it. The Hell Girl then enacts her plan to get Kira by giving the souls of his victims a deal, give your soul to me...and I'll give you a chance for revenge. Do you let Hell Girl claim the son of a bitch, and Misa too, or do you rescue him for the sake of justice?

Convoy: Some wholes do not wish to go to the soul society, be it for one reason or another. One in particular because he used to be a hollow but due to a run in with you, he was kind-of purified and is Something New and unstable. There's a shrine near on the other side of Japan that has a gate to the Otherworld, which is an acceptable option. So you grab a truck and fill it full of ghosts, fighting Hollows and dealing with grumpy Reapers. It culminates on a bridge just before the shrine, arancar are waiting for you, powerful ones, and you unleash Suki's special weapon, a machine that doesn't make you faster than a ghosts, but lets you predict with 93.34% accuracy where it's going to move. Plus a giant industrial whisk to serve as a Proton mace. It ends with you pinning their blades to the ground and telling the group of ghosts with you the fateful words. "They can't use their weapons...and we out number them fifteen to one!" Cue mob rush.

Convoy Pt. 2: Aizen is NOT happy with what happened. Wholes aren't scared of hollows any more. He's getting resistance from a weak but excessively numerous force and he can't deal with it. So he sends ALL of the Numeros to deal with you. At once. Good news is that they can't enter the Dumpling Factory. Bad news is that they've got the Biba Jibun and are demanding you to come out and face them or they'll execute them. How do you end the standoff?

Holier Than Thou: It's easy to get Sachiko out, but Rei says that it's important that there be someone to replace her. Trouble is that most other Mikos have signed up for P-COC's protection plan. The only two that haven't are Rini and Mimi, a lovely pair of conjoined twins, and Kagome Higurashi's brother...who isn't doing too well. His sister vanished, his grandpa's passed on, and his mother is in the hospital with the big C. He's about four bottles away from getting a problem. The GBs have to get these two to the Reject Zone shrine, clean them up, get the rest of the community to accept them, and then help them exorcise the demon Sachiko unleashes out of spite when she finds out her gravy train has dried up.

Childhood's End: A Puella comes to the GBs for help. While you and Akira are out deal with a Witch, Suki and Sato discover that if you push two protonic streams through a soul gem, and then cause them to cross, within the gem, the reaction will cause the girl's soul to return to her body. A few catches, if it isn't done perfectly with absolute timing, the girl wont survive it. (She'll get her soul back first, but then she'll die.) Second, you're kind of blowing up the Universe, when the Universe ends. Undoing Kyubey's work, naturally this isn't received well. Which brings us to the final catch, it's going to take about twenty minutes for the process to work without killing her, and every minute that passes Kyubey's bounty on you four grows higher and higher to the point where they'll give out a second wish, just for your heads. Can you survive long enough to keep the girl alive, or do you pull the plug early to save your own necks?

Water Damage, and Grudge-Breaker: A little less detective stuff, a little more smashing crap, more glitching reality and reviving more people we really never wanted to see die. You also find out that the picture you received in the Nightmare Manor is of the Grand Seal, like the one used in Theif: Deadly Shadows. If you get that to display in Tokyo, it'll be enough to defeat to Oiwa.

It Ends: Enki's plan comes to fruition. With the Fateless wiping out destiny, and you four screwing things up more, plus his manipulations of P-COC, Nocturne, and Hell Girl, Oiwa breaks free. In her rage and destruction, she'll burn out her own power and Enki will assume it to become a True God once more. He plans to make you guys and his Fateless into his Priest-Kings as thanks, as well as keep the Reject Zone safe. However, the rest of Japan will be pretty devastated. He doesn't stop you from fighting Oiwa, but he isn't about to help. Hell Girl and her crew however, are happy to help. With their help and the power grid to make the streets in Tokyo light up into the Grand Seal pattern, then you have a battle with Oiwa at the Tokyo Tower. Cross streams when she's weakened, big finale.

Now that destiny's been broken, Japan's magic is freed, and Enki has a massive power boost and a new plan. P-COC gets dissolved, Nocturne is smashed, and the asshole is jailed.

Then, as a Secret Boss+ fight, you and Hell Girl get to have a throw down like proper rivals. Then Michiko can pick whatever future she wants.

The ones I didn't list were plots I hadn't developed beyond the generic idea of 'Game show with the Persona cast,' 'Ghostbuster inside a hostage situation with Alexander Xanatos,' and so on.
Again, I'm sorry to be bringing this to an end, but life has a way of interfering. I thank my regulars for their patronage in this, and I hope everyone enjoyed it.

And again, if anyone wants to continue this, you have total free reign and my blessing.
Terranis Holds!
EchoGarrote

AOL: Colorknightgreen

Return to “%s” Quests