Forum Mafia

Forum Mafia

Unread postby serbii » August 26th, 2009, 9:14 pm

My bother's been playing a game for Mafia at the forum he hangs out on for a while now and is having a great time.
They're playing disney mafia XD. He's Iago (red bird from Aladdin) and he wins so long as he survives to the end, doesn't matter if the mafia or townies win. There's also tinkerbell who can only post in "Ding"s, so she's been morse coding to everyone, and a guy who has to post in verse.

Anyway, it seemed fun so I was wondering if anyone here had played it and if anyone was interested in starting up a game here? We'll need a decent amount of people.
The basic idea is you have two teams the Mafia and the Townies.
During the day everyone votes on someone to lynch, the person who half or more of the people playing vote for dies.
During the night the mafia get together and choose someone to kill. They die.
Mafia know who other mafia are.
Townies don't know who anyone is.
Townies win if they kill all the mafia and visa versa.
There are extra roles. Eg. Restrictions on how you can post, one guy can recruit to the mafia, the king can choose someone to lynch etc.
I haven't played before, so don't ask me for the rules.
Look at this and this. Also here.

So is anyone interested in looking into starting our own game? Interested in playing (we'll need a decent chunk of the posters to get enough people), anyone played before and know how to do it properly?
serbii

Re: Forum Mafia

Unread postby Dervon » August 26th, 2009, 9:27 pm

FFFFF-YEAH! Sign me up!

So, given the nature of this forum, I take it we will be ninja and nukenin, yeah? :lol:

What sort of time-frame in between voting would we be looking at? Also, I suppose that communication through PM is fine, right?
Dervon

Unread postby serbii » August 26th, 2009, 9:37 pm

There's a time limit for the mafia hit ~72h.
With the lynches it ends with one person has enough votes to be killed.
Com through PM is fine, I'd expect that's how the mafia would organise themselves. Mafia know who each other are.
One person runs it, they're the one who announces who dies, the mafia PM them to say who they want to kill, if you use a special power you pm the mod to tell them. Eg, one person can protect someone, then the protectee can't be lynched/mafied
If you browse through that wiki and the forums there you can see how games are played out. Here's a summary and set up of a Princess Bride one.

Ooh yeah ninja one XD. We should, we should.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » August 26th, 2009, 9:55 pm

Well, I have played this game before, and it would be interesting to do. I would like to play, though if we need someone able to run, I'll do it. I should have enough time.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » August 26th, 2009, 10:08 pm

I would like to play, though if we need someone able to run, I'll do it.
Yay! I was kinda worried I'd fall into doing it since I brought the idea up. But I'd really rather someone else did.
OK we've got 2 people who want in and a possible mod.
serbii

Unread postby Random_fan » August 27th, 2009, 2:39 am

I'd be interested in doing it if we could get enough people.
Random_fan

Unread postby Lthayer3 » August 27th, 2009, 6:37 am

Sounds fun :)
Lthayer3

Unread postby SLAMU » August 27th, 2009, 12:23 pm

I might be interested, but I don't have a PM, so...
SLAMU

Unread postby Lthayer3 » August 27th, 2009, 12:49 pm

You don't have a PM?

*looks curiously at the little green box beneath SLAMU's post labelled 'PM'*

I wonder what happens if I click this...

:punch
Lthayer3

Unread postby SLAMU » August 27th, 2009, 2:01 pm

Thank you, I feel like an idiot. :oops:
*ahem*
What I meant to say is, "Why of course I'd like to play. I would be simply delighted to play!"
( :oops: )
Last edited by SLAMU on August 27th, 2009, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SLAMU

Unread postby Lthayer3 » August 27th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Yay! :yay:

(You might have meant IM or something, so I wasn't sure if it was a typo or not. And the smiley was just asking to be used...)
Lthayer3

Unread postby ewuvi » August 27th, 2009, 4:55 pm

I'd be in, if somewhat sporadic activity is okay.
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » August 27th, 2009, 11:21 pm

7 inc mod.
I think we need more.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » August 28th, 2009, 4:55 pm

Yeah, I would like 10 players at a minimum to run it, though if worse comes to worse, I could do a seven person one.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Greybane » August 28th, 2009, 11:42 pm

I shall make it eight.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby serbii » August 29th, 2009, 3:04 am

*looks meaningfully at the other regular posters*
You know who you are.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 5th, 2009, 6:49 pm

Well, since it seems we won't get more than 8 people, I'll run the game game with just eight. So if there is no objections, I'll send out role pms tomorrow. Another question to everyone, I'm planning on starting with the town voting, and we're doing Naruto ninja, I know who is the mafia, angel and detective.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » September 6th, 2009, 2:00 am

Yep that fine.
Yay flux! :cheer
*abuses the new emotes*
serbii

Unread postby SLAMU » September 6th, 2009, 1:18 pm

Well, since it seems we won't get more than 8 people, I'll run the game game with just eight. So if there is no objections, I'll send out role pms tomorrow. Another question to everyone, I'm planning on starting with the town voting, and we're doing Naruto ninja, I know who is the mafia, angel and detective.
Would the "Angel" be anything like the Doc?
Also: :chair We're gonna play a GAME!! :yay:
Query: if someone wanted to join during the middle of the game, would that be acceptible, or would they have to wait for a new game?
SLAMU

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 6th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Would the "Angel" be anything like the Doc?
Also: :chair We're gonna play a GAME!! :yay:
Query: if someone wanted to join during the middle of the game, would that be acceptible, or would they have to wait for a new game?
Well, the problem with joining in the middle of a game will be the whole giving a role then.

Okay here are the official rules, I'll be working on sending people's roles in a moment.

Konoha Nin (villager)- You are some of Konoha's finest, the best of your generation, unfortunately, Shikamaru didn't come so you don't have the option of let Shikamaru figure it out. While a few of you do have ways to tell, henges don't work well when trying other techniques. And you don't want to miss out on the prize the Godaime offered for those that would last. Vote during the day phase, Using the color red for you vote works well or some other way to identify votes.

Neji (detective)- You are the first of your group in Konoha to reach Jounin, and your abilities with the Byakugan let you see through most henges. While you could check everyone in one night, you really, really don't want to see the wrong person naked and thus spend your time making sure to check once during the night. You get to vote just like the villagers during the Day Phase, and during the night pm the narrator with a name of a player. At the end of the night phase you'll receive a pm about that person's role.

Naruto(doc/angel)- You're Naruto Uzumaki(Namikaze), believe... I won't finish that. You were recruited by oba-chan to help watch your fellow ninja to make sure they complete the challenge. Of course Tsunade didn't allow you to join in since if you couldn't handle a henge for only 16 hours of the day, then the others should start wondering who replaced you. You unfortunately are quite restless during the night, and of course, your precious people are important to you, so if you happen to see someone attacking them, you'll definitely help them, be, Okay, keep the angry mob away. You get to vote during the day phase and during the night phase, pm me a name (it could be your own) and if Sasuke attacks that person, well, you're not going to let it happen.

Sasuke(mafia)- You are the last member of the awesome (traitorous) Uchiha. You have become an avenger (pawn of Madara) and thus found out about an escapade of the Konoha nin. And what better way to take down those who killed your clan and made your pacifist brother a murderer than to take down their finest (even though if Itachi was so good, why did he mind-rape you twice, especially since you were actually making friends the second time). You want them to suffer, so each night, you'll pick one to kill, by pm the narrator, since you know that you can pretend to be the dobe easily during the day. Win when you bring the numbers of others down to one.

Day phase will be 72 hours long, should give everyone enough time to vote. Night phase will be about 48 hours long. I will be preparing a couple of things and then pm everyone their roles. I request that people don't send their pm roles to each other, you can communicate through pms, and lying is actively encouraged, as long as you don't get lynched. If you have questions, pm me first. Especially if it is about your role.

Players
Spoiler: show
Dervon
ewuvi
serbii
SLAMU
The dead
Greybane Naruto, burnt alive after being knocked out
Lthayer3 Neji, strangled by his own hair
Random_fan Kiba, kunai'd across the neck
Last edited by Flux_Blade on September 13th, 2009, 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 6th, 2009, 5:03 pm

Well, you arrived at the special inn, it was quiet place with lots of forest surrounding the area. However, arriving here at night was unexpected, perhaps it was because some of the jounin wanted to be at the gate for the send off, and Kakashi had been roped into something youthful by Gai. Okay, maybe Kakashi was joking, but no one wanted to find out. Thus everyone left from a different gate/ Sure if anyone actually checked, they would have found him reading his favorite series at the ramen stand. Someone had to support it when Naruto was gone after all.

As our intrepid ninja made it to the inn, they are meet by an innkeeper, who gives each person a key to their room. Most are too tired to do nothing more and rest, especially those with lower amounts of chakra, you didn't want to lose out on the grand prize for winning. On the first day, especially, that would be embarrassing.

One in particular walks in with a grin on his face, it's seems that someone's intelligence is correct, he'll be able to continuing his life's calling, gaining Naruto's love.

Umm... Sasuke, put the Chidori away... you know threatening me makes it seem more likely I'm speaking the truth. Threatening the narrator doesn't work like that... Hey no threatening the innkeeper! Fine

He's continuing his life's work, taking down those that have wronged him. Happy? Good, now go.
Night phase is a little longer than 48 hours, probably about 51 hours, so if your Naruto, Sasuke, or Neji, send in your night actions to me.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » September 7th, 2009, 4:05 am

Flux dear have I told you lately you're awesome?

Now who to randomly vote for in a fit of paranoia?
Townspeople -> :mob <-Sasuke
serbii

Unread postby Lthayer3 » September 7th, 2009, 9:15 pm

Yay for random fits of paranoia! :cheer
Lthayer3

Unread postby SLAMU » September 7th, 2009, 10:41 pm

So, I take it that the game has started then? Excellent, we shall begin at once. Besides, is it really paranoia if they actually are out to get you?

I make this bold declaration: Neji, if you steal my socks again, I will be forced to become most YOUTHFUL upon thee! Gai-sensei told me that I had permission to steal your hairbrush if you did not return them to me post-haste! :biggrin1
SLAMU

Unread postby Lthayer3 » September 7th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Yes, Neji, you really should stop stealing Ten-Ten's socks. At least I hope that's Ten-Ten. Because Lee's socks just seem, well, unclean. Also, since Lee is not able to perform a henge, he couldn't really participate unless someone else disguised him. This is most troubling...
Lthayer3

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games